Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Marathoner, aka, Father

Saw this article on the web tonight and had to share it! I'm thinking the thief probably needed that money in a bad way, but still a great story!

Here is a brief snippet:

Money Stolen, D.C. Priest Hot on Heels Of Suspect

As he bounded out of through the church door just 20 minutes before Mass, the Rev. Bill Hegedusich was greeted by confused looks from his parishioners at St. Peter's on Capitol Hill. He offered them a simple explanation.

"I said, 'Hey, I'm going to go catch a thief,' " he said.

Then, in his black shirt and white clerical collar, Hegedusich, a marathon runner, darted after the man who had just swiped the church's collection money.

3 comments:

Marathoner in Training said...

Amen.

David said...

Hopefully he was as quick as the other Bill- Boston Billy

TX Runner Mom said...

Wow, great story!