Monday, January 12, 2009

It's a Marvelous Night for a Moondance!

What a night for a run! A crisp, clear evening with a full moon and a star-filled sky to light the way. The moon was a beautiful "harvest moon" as it began to rise into the night sky.

I had dropped Lem off at the Y for her volleyball practice and headed out for my run. When I returned to the Y to pick her up, one of the moms mentioned that they couldn't ever run when it was night time or when it was so cold.

First I thought of Laura...her dream run right now is at 40 degrees! Then I thought of how thankful I was able to take that beautiful scene in, which would have been missed had I decided to run on the dreadmill.

I started the run with the intention of running a warm-up mile, then a quick one, a recovery one, and another quick with a short cool down. I don't know what that is officially called, but it was definitely fun!! The 4th mile was much quicker than my legs have seen in quite some time. I saw my watch a few times and thought there was something wrong with it! What was even more bizarre was that mile was mostly up hill. Like I said, fun!

I had a good time reading the comments from my last post. The guys didn't quite know how the respond and the ladies knew exactly what I was talking about! Fashion, truly the female runner's dilemma. Sorry guys! Pat, no need to worry about the "outfit" matching...

Barbara, I hope you do Hogs Hunt. That was a fun race. I don't know why it was scheduled in May this year. It might be a bit warm...

Adrienne, I'll be looking for you at Rocky!

Christy, it all starts with a 50K...

Numbers from tonight's run...

Mile 1: 10:03
Mile 2: 9:46
Mile 3: 10:24
Mile 4: 8:25 !!
Mile .50: 9:37

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I traded emails with Paul about the race; the short answer is it was a scheduling issue.

It's hard to imagine thinking right now that it might be too warm in May to get me up there!