Today was the last Fit run before the 2009 Houston Marathon. I was able to run to Luke's (3.5 miles) and then another 6 with the group. I planned to run the 3.5 home, but Lem had a volleyball game that any good mom would have herself at, so I took Pete up on his offer of a ride home, showered and made it to the game only a few minutes late!
I've been running pretty consistently, increasing distance a bit at a time. I have also seen my avg. pace begin to drop to where I was pre-hip fiasco.
Some of you may know that I did jump over the line and land smack dab into the dark side by registering for Rocky. I'll hopefully finish my first 50 miler. I figure the hip caused me to miss 2 marathons, so one 50 miler would cover that...(lame, I know.)
My first goal is to finish. They give us 29 hours, so unless my organs fall out or a leg falls off, I should be able to finish even if I walk it.
My next goal would be to finish in 13 hours. That gives me a 15:36 pace. I can walk a nice 14 min. pace! The 50K I did last year was at a 12:30 pace, so I think this is doable.
I'll have good company for the run. Several ladies from Fit are running and Tiffany and Pete have agreed to run with me as well. I pray for good weather as I am sure most other will be as well.
One of the nice things about Fit this year was that I was asked to be a pacer for the Yellow group. I enjoyed it very much, but felt like I let the group down when I got injured. I tried to stay motivated to get to the runs even while I was injured, but honestly, it just didn't happen much. I tried to ride my bike along with the group a few times, but I usually ended up feeling like I wasn't doing much anyway.
In spite of my lack luster efforts, Luke's was very generous and gave those who helped some nice things. One of those things was an awesome pair of Asics shorts. I love these things! They are so comfortable that I want to wear them on every run!!
The problem, they are a color that I normally wouldn't wear, kind of a sorbet color, and I have nothing to match them!! I have been on the hunt to a decent top to wear with these shorts, but as of yet, nothing. I need a white shirt, but as a girl, I realize that white isn't always the best choice as it tends to be see through. Sorbet is not an easy color to find either. So if there are any RDs out there that are wondering what color shirt a woman might want... check out my shorts and help a girl out...
Here is a link to the shorts.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Running clothes are supposed to match? Thanks for posting the pic cuz I was clueless as to what sorbet looked like.
Black, white, or a gray color to match?? I will likely be volunteering and cheering you on at Rocky in a few weeks!
How about gray?
It was to see you on Sat! Good luck on the Rocky...I may eventually come to the dark side, but only for a 50k, I'm not brave enough for a 50-miler!
Um, what?
I could've sworn I left a message yesterday. Since it's cold outside, I vote for a long-sleeved black shirt to go with it.
Several friends are trying to talk me into doing hog's hunt (which was moved to May for some unknown reason). I'm already signed up for Indy Mini the first weekend, but there's a chance I might do hog's hunt instead.
Post a Comment