There's something quite amiss in this year's running season. That thing would be the little detail of running!
I was looking over my accomplishments for 2008. It was only a year ago that I ran my first marathon, but in some ways it seems like more than that. I also was able to run in the TIR and Hog's Hunt 50K. Not bad for the first year of running.
I looked forward with great anticipation to this running season, and so far, have not run anything other than a 5 miler. TIR is on the schedule as is Rocky Raccoon, but admittedly, I am a bit concerned about being able to be worth a hoot on either of these.
It seems like I've been sidelined forever! Now I'm down with a bad case of the nasties. I was just feeling like I was getting my groove back, and feeling motivated. Today I feel like quitting it all and trying again in another lifetime.
I realize that I will probably feel different in a day or two, but for now, as I cough and medicate and pray that this all goes away, I am ignoring the running magazine articles, staying away from the exercise DVDs, and eating ice cream!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes "Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos" Don Kardong, Olympic Marathoner
Not running is way harder than running.
You'll be back on track before you know it! Keep up the motivation!
You described the summation of 2008 for me...
Hope you're feeling better soon! I am sure 2009 will be a great year for you!
Post a Comment