Monday, October 08, 2007

The next best thing

I woke at my typical 4:30 or so today. As I laid there wondering how I can get my body to cooperate with my mind's desire to run, I remembered an old love. Spinning class. I got out of bed, dressed and was ready for the 5:30 class.

A new schedule started today which included a 15 mins. core workout after the cycling. Perfect. It was nice to be on the bike again.

The leg felt great so I thought I'd try a run on the Dreadmill. I was able to get a mile in before I felt the "twinge" returning. Progress.

Last night I took a quick spin around the block and followed the 5/1 run/walk method. My right foot started aching pretty bad in the arch, something new.

Overall, I know I am feeling better. I don't know that I'll be ready to run 10 on Saturday, but you never know!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Well that sounds like a good day! We typically have core workouts for 15 minutes after our lunch classes - good way to get the extra work in that I need the most.