Saturday, December 08, 2007

Recovery Week

This week was a week of slower, easier runs which allowed my body to heal from last Saturday.

I got out for a brief jog/run last Sunday, in an attempt to move around the lactic acid.

I rested on Monday and headed out on Tuesday for another slow run.

Thursday was a bit better, having Mark ride his bike alongside me, although my asthma seemed to show up unannounced.

Today's run was nothing to get too excited about either. I was happy to finish the run and tried to focus on anything other than the run itself. The humidity was pretty nasty and the temperatures were quite warm. I kept thinking of the folks running Sunmart today and prayed that it was a bit more pleasant for them.

The first 5 miles of the run today were pretty tough. Nothing felt like it was working the way it should be. After 5.5 miles, I finally felt somewhat normal. My legs were good, but the breathing was hard. I suppose the thick air had a lot to do with that.


Total Miles: 9.33 miles (11 mile route came up short and I didn't have it in me to add more on)
Total Time: 1:40:14
Avg. HR: 169
Avg Pace: 10:44

Mile 1: 10:33
Mile 2: 10:19
Mile 3: 11:04
Mile 4: 11:14
Mile 5: 10:59
Mile 6: 10:52
Mile 7: 11:00
Mile 8: 10:50
Mile 9: 10:01
.33: 3:18/9:55 pace

I have managed to put on about 5 pounds which I intend to get rid of before the marathon. Sugar is out again. It will not be easy with the holidays upon us, but I am really feeling the extra weight especially when running.

No comments: