Saturday, May 17, 2008

Beautiful Morning for a Run

That's the only way to describe today. We have been so blessed with this wonderful weather. I know the other stuff is just around the corner, but I will be quite happy to put up with these temps for another month or two!

Ran almost 9 miles this morning with Dirt Runner. He showed me how to use the new UD bottle. Boy, do I feel stupid...

Total Miles 8.8 Avg Pace: 9:40 Avg HR: 180

Mile 1: 9:56
Mle 2: 10:00
Mile 3: 9:36
Mile 4: 9:44
Mile 5: 9:23
Mile 6: 9:34
Mile 7: 9:38
Mile 8: 9:36
Mile .80: 9:34 pace

New shoes feel great! I have developed a blister in the same spot my last few long runs. It started with the Kayano 13s and came up again today with the Trances. Nothing too bad, but it could get ugly with higher mileage.

Get out and run! And good luck to Katy tomorrow as she enters her first Tri! Also to Sarah and Cassie whom will be in the same tri. Make our team proud girls!! I just realized that Adrienne and I are the only girls from our TIR team that haven't crossed over to the Tri side... perhaps a goal for the future, Adrienne??

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I've been sick all week so I'm just hoping to finish in one piece. :) Cassie is doing it as well!

Barbara said...

Good pace! That's a bummer about blisters though.

So how do you use the UD bottle?

WalkSports.com said...

Adrienne did two legs of a tri a couple of weeks ago.

The team captain has updated the team blog site with it. :)

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Hey! Do you have any advice about shoes? Mine are pretty hacked but I only have two weeks until the big (for me!) race. I love my el-cheapo Avias but I'm thinking I may want to try something a little different? Whaddya think?