I just couldn't help myself. Between the two huge storms we had this afternoon and evening, I took ol' Hannah and went for a run.
I promised myself that I would only go out a mile and then head back in. I just wanted to try out the hip which has been feeling great the last week.
Do you know how hard it is to stick to a promise like that when you are as OCD and insane as me? Impossible I tell you. Impossible.
But I did it, well almost. It's Garmin's fault really. The dang thing takes forever to load the satellites and then asks me ridiculous questions like, "are you inside" and "have you moved hundreds of miles since your last run?" I want to scream at it saying, "Look buddy, I know it's been awhile, but seriously, has enough time elapsed for me to sell my home pack up my life and move hundreds of miles away?! Don't think I haven't thought about it, especially with this humidity, but NO I haven't moved, and NO I am not indoors!" (see, I told you... insane!)
Anyhoo, Garmin started working after about 7/10 ths of a mile out. So I ran a mile according to Garm and then headed back in.
I kept the pace at about 11:00/mile, (another butt kicker, I want to go fast!!) But Hannah was happy and so was I. Total mileage was 2.5 miles.
The trail is getting a bit overgrown. I am praying some nice person with a riding mower heads that way soon or else, I might have to run on the pavement. uuuggghhh.
So, I had to. And I know you understand.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My Garmin does the same thing at home. It makes me crazy!
Of course, when I got to Japan and turned it on, it found the satellites right away! It never once asked me if I had moved hundreds of miles away!
Stupid thing!
Post a Comment