I thought you might like a peek at Boo and I "blogging". At least this is what it looked like for about 15 seconds before he climbed on top of my lap top!!Well, the PT visit didn't quite work out. Turns out, the insurance company doesn't cover the PT and the PT could not give me a price on an evaluation. So, no eval this week. I may travel to Kingwood next week to have a friend of ours eval me at my husband's clinic.
The hip is still sore, even after 10 days of no running, but it is feeling less painful. I have made an observation this week. When I am not running, I eat terribly! I eat tons of garbage food and I feel even worse. Last night, I even broke the red meat fast and had pizza with tons of meat on it. I did pay for that today...

My daughter, Lem, decided to run with me this morning during the RTW 7 Hills vs TWRC challenge. What fun it was!
In spite of the searing heat and almost unbearable humidity, my sweet little girl hung in there for the first mile and then walk/ran the last two. She had never run over 2 miles before, so this was a big jump for her. Silly mom didn't bring any water on the run. I left it at the finish line. She was quite parched and had a difficult time focusing on other things rather than her physical state. I was a bit concerned that she might not be able to even walk the rest of the way in, but she hung in there and even ran across the finish line!
I am so proud of her for persevering. She is awesome! And the folks at these runs are so amazing. They cheered her on, congratulated her, and took time out to talk with her making her feel very welcome. What a nice group of people! Thank you to you all for the encouragement and friendship that you consistently demonstrate!
The challenge was won by TWRC this time. I look forward to the next challenge in the fall in 7 Hills territory. Those hills might just kill us flatlanders!!
More good news, because of the walking I did, I didn't tax the hip too much, so I have no more pain than I started with. Funny, somehow this is a positive!!!
I want to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to Laura on her first 5K! Way to go girl! Come on down to Houston we'll get a nice run in sometime!
Next Saturday morning, a benefit race will be held at the RTW course, though it is not being put on by them. A young boy, 3 years old, who has cancer will be the motivator for us to get out and run again in this humidity! Come out if you can, and even if you can't. I know that the family can use the help.
4 comments:
We're home! We're home! That stinks about the PT visit though.
I definitely am going to have to go see the doctor about my foot. It twists one direction but not the other and running is excruciating (as in running after a 3-year old).
Time to go download pics from the camera.
That pic of Brendan is too cute! His expression is priceless.
I finally got the results! I did so much better than I thought!
27 8 W30 Laura 29:10 9:23
I thought I was just under 31 (30+)minutes but lookey there! I must have been brain-addled from lack of oxygen when I was looking at the time board as I was finishing!
There were 115 finishers of all ages so I am really glad I wasn't in the last half, but I did it!!!! www.laurathecrazymama.blogspot.com
Post a Comment