That's what Coach Bill is prescribing for me at this point. For the next two weeks, I am to take my runs easy and remember that I am still recovering.
I ran 2 miles tonight at about a 10 min pace. Better than last week, but I just didn't feel in sync with my own body. I was stiff and had little endurance.
I'll run again on Thursday and then 8 on Saturday.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For what it's worth...I couldn't run 100 yards last night. Very tight from more miles than I'm used to and not a lot of sleep over the weekend. 10 min pace looked pretty fast to me.
Karen, do take it easy. I know that is hard to do.
I have overtrained twice now. Now I know the feeling. I feel antsy, like a car with idle stuck in high. I am fatigued but want to workout (I think that is the pcycholigical side of overtraining) Google 'overtraining' and you might find yourself in there as I did.
Good news- it is easily curable. Just rest! The first time I overtrained I rested for 3 days and felt like a new person. You will, too!
Also, I LOVE the term active recovery.
I first heard it in my spin class weeks ago, when we were doing hard interval training and then we would sit, and recover, but not all the way to our comfort zone.. so were recovering but activly.
I just love that term, always have-- ddon't know why!
Another one I like is my athletic step teacher who always says-
"Momentum is not a muscle!"
We do intervals in there (strenght training, etc) and she is great about reminding us.
Hang in there.. slow and steady for the long run. I know that is hard.. I am there, too and have to remind myself I am not 30 anymore. (or 40, or 45 or... lol)
p.s.
just re-read and this looks weird..
in our spin class, we sat 'ON THE BIKE' and pedaled for our active recovery.. didn't just plop on the floor and sit like it sounds like I said!
That comment I wrote gave me the strangest imagry! lol
Post a Comment