He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the mirky bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. Psalm 40:2
I felt a twinge of something this morning and for a moment thought I would just go back to bed. But I decided to go through the motions and perhaps I would still be able to run, at least a little bit.
When I arrived at the Y, Coach Bill was there and this always brightens my day! Not too long after I arrived, we noticed the bit of lightening and thunder. The run was almost called, but at the last second, we decided to head out. Well, some of us did.
I actually ran about a half block or so and had to make the decision to not run. The twinge wasn't going away and one thing I have learned that past three weeks is that I must listen to my body.
Yes, I was disappointed, but I know that pushing the body at this point will only end in more injury.
I hung around to talk with Bill and some of the other runners. They really are a great bunch of people. I also had a chance to briefly speak with Jon before his run in Central Park. He sounded so excited to be there! Of course we all had good thoughts for Rick in Arkansas today.
I had a 9 am appointment with my chiropractor, so I decided to take things up with him. Once there, they did a quick assessment of my situation, adjusted me and I felt much better. Both of my hips were out of whack which would explain the pulling twinge I was feeling.
I took a slow jog around the block and while it didn't feel bad, it didn't feel too good either. So I will give it another day or two before I try again.
As much as I have realized that the goal of running the marathon is very important to me, I also realize that I need to let it go. No, I am not giving up on the training, but I am giving up "what I want." If things work out so that I can run, I will. If my body isn't ready, that's okay too. I know that He will lead me to where I am supposed to be. My will or His... always His.
Saturday, October 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hats off to you for getting out there to see, and glad to hear that when you realized things weren't right, you hung it up for the day.
Sounds like the chiropractor helped which is good!
Post a Comment