Thursday, October 11, 2007

Progress not perfection

Over the last few days, I've been very slowly, very cautiously, trying to put a few steps on the road. Before today, I had run about a mile each day for the last 4 days. Tuesday I was able to maintain a consistent pace of 12:00 with little discomfort.

This morning, I had to take advantage of this beautiful weather and head out for a bit longer, albeit slow jog.

I was able to complete 2.37 miles with energy to run longer. I made the distance decision before I left and did not veer from it. I was able to keep my pace slow and steady at the start, increasing a bit mid-run, and then slowing down to cool down.

I did have little twinges in the right foot and in the left hamstring/groin that needed to be worked out. I turned up Chris Tomlin's version of How Great is our God and felt the twinges fade away. Thank you, Lord!

Saturday is the 10 for Texas. I am planning to run it as a training run, not a race. If I come in dead last, that will be fine by me. If I only get a few miles in, that is okay too. The point is that it will be a great day to be out there and I want to enjoy whatever I can of it.

2 comments:

Hrunner said...

K - see you Sat. Hang in there.

Barbara said...

I'm glad you're getting back into it, bit by bit.

And I love that song too!