Has anyone else ever noticed that there are certain points in a runner's life that crawl by:
1. When you are injured and CAN'T run and you are waiting for the body to heal so that you can run again.
2. When you are running and can't figure out how exactly you are going to make that last mile so you can stop running.
Well, I'm still stuck on #1, praying I can get to #2 by the end of the week so I can run the 10 for Texas on the 13th. 13... great. Not such a lucky number. Maybe the 10 overrides the 13?
See what happens when I can't run? Crazy. Like the bread. That's what I become. What the heck did I do with myself before running? I drove my husband crazy. Did I mention he can't wait for me to be able to run as well?
That would be why he didn't kill me when I signed a contract with a chiropractor that would have bought me that bike I am wanting...
I am feeling better. I can walk normally as of last night. I am still not pain free, but it's bearable. The doctor said that I could walk a half mile to test things out. I did that on Saturday. I did a mile tonight. So compliant. I'll walk some more tomorrow night, with a few little jogs thrown in if it feels right. I don't want to jeopardize the progress I've made so far.
tick tock, tick tock, tick tock....
Monday, October 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, I like to think that driving our husbands crazy is just part of our job (and let's face it, half the fun!).
Just kidding. I am so glad to hear you're improving, albeit slower than you obviously would like.
Haven't posted yet today; our 9-year old was diagnosed with asthma today. That makes it official - all the grandkids on my side of the family now are tethered to inhalers.
Sorry to hear about the kiddo. I know how hard this is, but she can follow her mom's example and still be very active, healthy, and happy!
I am considering doing a "detoxification" program to see if I can rid myself of my allergies and my asthma. I'll let you know how it goes if I do it.
LOL! when I was hurt and couldn't run for 4 months, my husband was ready to take me out to the field and put me out of my misery! Hehehe!
Post a Comment