It's baaaaack! For anyone who hasn't stepped outside in Houston yet, be sure to grab your amphibian-like breathing apparatus before you leave. You'll need it for that moisture-filled gas your lungs are going to try to convert to oxygen.
Thank you so much for all of the kind thoughts over the weekend. I do feel better, although I was a bit bummed about not being out at the Y run. I did think about going out to cheer everyone on, but I really needed to sleep. Sounds like it was a fun time, unless your name was Ben. Poor Ben. I've known the kid since he was 6. He was never the most tactful chap, and I guess that hasn't changed much. He is a really nice kid when you get to know him, honest.
Mother's Day was great. I was spoiled (actually, I am spoiled every day, who am I kidding?) I was very blessed to received my new rides... Brooks Trance 7s! Woo hoo! I took them out for a spin this morning and they felt great!
In efforts to declutter myself on my runs, I have down-sized the hydration unit to a hand-held. I tried that out this morning also. It was a bit weird getting used to, and it doesn't help that I have the world's most wimpy arms ever, but towards the end of my run, I was pretty comfortable with it. I did feel like a moron trying to drink out of it. Rick suggested I try the Ultimate Direction hand held. It has an interesting spout on it that one is to bite down and pull in order to release the liquid into the mouth. Doesn't sound hard, does it? Enter in the factor KAREN and she can make anything difficult. Let's just say, I stopped a few times, unscrewed the darn thing and drank like crazy. There won't be any over-hydrating with this puppy! I did figure it out once I got back home, but what a way to make myself feel totally stupid!
I know that spring is in the air here in the good old Woodlands. What is the telltale sign? Crosswalk + runner in crosswalk = idiot in truck GO!
Katy, I saw Lance today! Well, ok, maybe it wasn't Lance, but it could have been! A nice custom silver and grey bus with LIVESTRONG graphics on it. Could it be that he had to travel through The Woodlands to get back to Austin? I saw it on Research Forest and Gosling heading toward 45...
Anyhow, you know it must have been a lousy run when I began to compose a blog post during the run to keep my mind from how icky it was. But at least I was running...
3.32 miles @ 10:44 pace. Could have been worse I guess.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Karen:
The Livestrong silver bus pulled up at Entergy's fitness walk this morning at the Parkwood II building at Timberloch and Grogans Mill around 8:45. The walk was held in conjunction with Livestrong this year. I figured the bus is in town for the Woodlands Livestrong Day events tonight at 6 at Northshore Park.
Karen,
You rock. Declutter, good. Running, good. Hydrating right amount, best.
Keep on running.
Oh...that's why I can't breathe. Everyone at work keeps mistaking my raspy voice for irritation (I'm not irritated! I just can't Breathe!).
Let's see some pictures of your shoes!
If he's still there, PLEASE go give him my number! I'm sure if I could just talk to him for a few minutes, I could convince him I'm super neato! Oh, and show him my blog. Maybe he likes the psycho-stalker type..
I think you're really going to enjoy the gear-free running. I bet you cut a good two minutes off your 5K time. :)
Hey Karen!
I've been mentally preparing myself for the impending "air conditioning season". I'm not sure that I'll have the fortitude once it's here, but I'm trying!
Katy, there's a manager dude at the Arby's right there at Hwy 242 and I-45 who looks a LOT like Lance. Probably not Lance, but maybe it'll work for you in a pinch. Funny!
Post a Comment