I am feeling kind of beside myself tonight. Not sorry for myself, because I know my life is so full of blessings. But here it is, Breast Cancer awareness month, a month that I could be training to run for those who are fighting not only breast cancer, but all cancer.
A young mom in our homeschooling group had a double mastectomy today. Her mom and grandmother died from breast cancer.
Everyday, it seems, I hear of someone else that is taking on the cancer fight.
I know I can pray, and believe me I do, but I am the kind of person that needs to DO something. Even if it doesn't really "help", kind of like sweeping the floor when dealing with a family crisis, it doesn't help the crisis, but it does help feel like I am doing something.
If I can run and raise money, raise awareness, offer my physical discomforts on behalf of someone else (the Catholic in me), I feel like I am doing something.
I don't really know what this post is about other than being a vent of sorts. I just want cancer to make like the stupid politicians in Washington and GO AWAY!
Monday, October 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't worry I have a friend, that puts me to shame because he runs while being treated for cancer http://vanniekerk.net/
I believe it was a story I read in Guideposts that mentioned an elderly lady in a nursing home who felt she was no longer "needed". It was when people started asking for her prayers that she realized that in itself could be her ministry....praying for others. Sometimes God "slows us down" so we can spend time with him...in prayer and of course, in thanksgiving.
Post a Comment