I hit the Y this morning for a Spinning class. Thinking it was the usual 45 mins, I put forth the effort the way I normally do, leaving nothing in the tank by the time class was over.
But as I finished up my water, something unusual for me until the very end of class, I noticed we were still climbing and there was no sign of the cool down.
Yep, I was in the hour class. Not a big deal if one is planning for the hour, but a major deal once I realized that I had 15 more mins to go with not much left to give.
Surprisingly, I hung in there, banged out the last few climbs and lived to tell about it!
Alternating the cycling and the running seems to be helping the hip out so far. I'll start adding in weights as soon as I know that I won't cause more harm than good.
I've committed to the Texas Independence Relay that will be run March 1-2, 2008. I'll be running with some really awesome people who also happen to blog. I've added their blogs to my sidebar so be sure to check them out sometime!
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you persevered! Reminds me of that movie - Facing the Giants - where he blindfolds the kid and tells the football player to just keep going. The kid thinks he's gone 20 yards and then finds out he really went 100.
How about that - you had it in you all the time!
woot!! Yay for Team Bloggers!!!
Post a Comment