Saturday, May 12, 2007

How do you spell fun?

I spell it M U D!

Ran my first Trail Run today and as the announcer said, at some points, it turned from a Trail Run into an Adventure Run! What fun though!

Lem ran the 1mile and came in 2nd for her age group! Way to go, sweetheart! (pictures to come later)

I came in 9th for age and 104 overall. This wasn't about speed for me as I am still feeling the hip pain, but I ran it, I finished it, and I had a good time.

My splits were
mile 1: 9:58
mile 2: 10:51
mile 3+ : 11:20

10:32 avg. pace total run time 32:10

The heart rate was really high, hitting 209 a few times. I really need to figure out my true Max HR. I had to walk twice for about 2 mins each time. Overall, I am pleased with my outcome. Now what to do about the dirt on my poor shoes??

2 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Good to see you this morning and glad you had fun. Rick would be proud!

Congratulations on your run and to your daughter as well.

Barbara said...

Way to go! Sounds like you did a great job and I can't wait to see the pictures (I spent most of the weekend in bed...boo....).

I forgot - do you typically use a heart rate monitor? I posted something this morning about max heart rates and when I checked my 2007 max rates on the Garmin software, it was really obvious once I started digging around.