I was able to make the Run The Woodlands today, but unfortunately, I did not run David's Dream Run last weekend, so no MoCo Triple for me this time. Maybe in November... that's the one with the really cool PINECONES!
Poor Dirt Runner had to make all of those awards on his own. Next time, I think we should give him a hand or hand out do-it yourself award kits to the winners.
My goals for this run were to #1, not come in injured, #2, keep at a 9:30 pace, #3 no walking, #4 finish.
My results
I am not injured, I came in at a 9:30/mile pace, and I finished. I did walk for about 40 seconds. I think it was a bit more humid today than I am used to.
I had to slow myself down several times. I glanced at the Garmin and I was running at 7:30 - 8:00 pace! At one point it was 7:02!! I've never run that fast, and I wasn't going to start today. Pacing myself is going to be very important if I want to stay injury-free and be able to move past these 5Ks.
I did feel quite a bit of tightness in the piriformis so I did a few good stretches and it seems to have helped. I will definitely need to continue with cross-training and strengthening to stay with the program I hope to have for running.
Have a great weekend! Happy running!
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats on a great run and reaching 3 out of 4 goals...that must feel wonderful!
I saw on Tiggs' blog that you said you are team members with her now... do I take that to mean you joined the awesome Houston Striders???!!! I surely hope so!!
Not the Striders, but we are both on the Houston Running Bloggers Texas Independence Relay Team. Barbara is also on there along with 9 others!
Oh...ok, we have several Striders that are HRB's too so that's cool = )
And I'll be doing the relay too so maybe we'll get to spend some time together!
Post a Comment