Sunday, May 20, 2007

And the doctor wins

I had a nice visit with the doctor on Friday morning about this hip that still seems to be giving me grief.

He took an xray, took the history and is sending me to the ortho, with instructions to not run. He knew I was planning to run the next day at the David Dream Run and told me to NOT run.

I know that he had to tell me that, and I know that he probably expected me to ignore his advice, but at 3 am, I woke up with significant pain in the hip for no apparent reason. I decided that was God's way of telling me that I should forgo the run.

After all, my #1 priority is my family and I won't be much good to them if I really mess up the leg. So, I didn't go to the run. I wasn't happy about the decision, but I know it was the right one.

I am praying that hip is just a big out of whack and a visit to a PT may help fix this.

I do need to start some other training in the meantime. I am going to ry to head back to some spinning classes this week and enjoy that old pasttime.

I've been working on push-ups, plank exercises, and sit ups to get some more overall strengthening in.

Hopefully I'll be back on the dirt/road soon.

No comments: