Saturday, June 02, 2007

6/2/07

The ortho doc took another x-ray and found that the last disc is out of place which could be causing some referred pain, but she wasn't too sure. She also wondered about a stress fracture in my pelvis, but again, not sure. She told me to lay off the running until the pain subsides and gave me a sample of a new pain reliever that would be stronger than the Advil I have been taking. She also wants me to see a PT to see if he/she could figure it out.
I took the medicine last night and it did nothing. I got up and took the Advil and if felt 100% better. Go figure.

So back to the drawing board. I am sticking with the cycling classes and running on alternate days. I am adding in strengthening, especially of the Adductors and Abductors, and I will continue with the stretching. I also will bump up the core strengthening.

This morning I did the 75 min. spin class followed with the weight training. It was a great work-out! The hip feels fine now.

Funny thing about my HR today. I decided to take the last 5 races I've done and using my Max HR, averaged them to find a more precise Max HR for myself. 179 is way too low. It turns out that the last five races averaged out to 202. So I plugged that in as my Max HR and now my percentages look much better.

I use my Polar HR monitor for Spin class because the Garmin isn't really necessary. Today, my AVERAGE HR registered at 228!! What the heck?? I am totally confused now. I didn't feel bad at all during the class. Certainly not like my HR was that high. The highest my HR has ever climbed during running is 211. And running always taxes me more than spinning.

So either my Polar is goofy, or I had a heart attack. Not sure which yet.

Happy running!

1 comment:

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

K, could you email me? I have a private question to ask you and I don't remember if I have your email address. Mine is laura7550@yahoo.com thanks so much!