Saturday, September 06, 2008

Are you kidding me??

I walked out the door this morning and actually said, "Brrrrr!" The cruel joke for me today was the decision to not run and instead ride the bike for the planned 18 miles.

My hip and calf have been uncooperative this week. Not sure if it is the new shoes, the higher mileage, the faster pace, or the slope of the shoulder last weekend. Most likely it is a combination of all of these things, but trying to figure out the worst culprits may take some time.

I hope to run some trails tomorrow, in a neutral shoe, at a slower pace. If the hip holds up.

Fall is in the air! I pray it's here to stay, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this is just "teaser" weather.

It was nice to ride this morning, but I would much rather have been hitting the road with my own two feet.

Another sign fall is here... Starbucks is now serving Spiced Pumpkin Lattes!! Woo Hoo! The only time of the year I step foot into Starbucks. It's worth the wait!!

I had a chance to meet Christy, today! What a sweet lady! Hopefully we can meet again at another run where I am actually running...

5 comments:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Mmmm...pumpkin spice!!

Evan Guy said...

Yeah, the weather has been stellar!! The summer really didn't bother me much, but it sure has felt GREAT the last few days!! :):):)

WalkSports.com said...

You had a chance to meet a future TIR teammate ... :)

I'm running in cooler climes in the morning - Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I'm at Intercontinental right now getting ready to fly to Omaha.

It'll be drive, fly, drive, run, shower, drive, fly and drive. :)

All in about 26 hours!

Get healed up and say hello to your neighbor two doors down for me! :)

El Oso Furioso said...

I flaked out on the tri today, going to put it off until next week.
You still doing yours?

Woodlands Runner said...

I wished I was running yesterday too. But I'm trying very hard to not get hurt this fall.