After hearing that some of our family was coming to stay with us to ride out the storm, I made a mad dash to the bedrooms and bathrooms to get them in order. With as much running and working as I have been doing, dusting hasn't been high on the priority list.
We are also taking full advantage of this time at home to catch up on laundry. It's truly amazing how much of the stuff our home creates. We wash clothes every single day. I mean, every single day. And yet, we still managed to get in about 6 loads today and I still have 3 more to go. This is all of our towels, all of our sheets, shower curtains, rugs, etc.
I think we have most things secured. I guess we'll know how well it was secured soon enough. I didn't take down the trampoline. We used our bike locks to chain it to a pretty large tree. My theory is that if that tree goes, our house is toast anyway, so the extra trampoline in my kitchen won't make a big difference.
I was even able to get a nice 10 miles in today. My hip has been really giving me trouble. The psoas muscle to be exact. I've done the chiropractor, massages, advil, rest, and nothing was helping. I finally looked up Julie Donnely's number and made an appointment to see her. It was scheduled for today, so unfortunately it got canceled. I did download her ebook, however, and was able to carry out the stretches on my own. I was shocked at how easy yet how effective these stretches are! I highly recommend getting a copy of her book, Pain-free living. It's worth every cent.
My psoas started spasming again after the run. I did the stretches, and it feel fine now. I am sure I'll be having to do this for a while, but just having that kind of control over my own pain and health is very empowering!
Now we are settling in for a long, bumpy night. We have the 5 kids, Mark and I, and my Mother in Law (who is folding all of my laundry!!) and her sister. My father in law is staying in Spring for now. His brother in law, Ted, drew his last breath this evening. He had been very ill with cancer and now, he is resting in the arms of Our Lord.
May you all be safe tonight and tomorrow.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like y'all are having a hurricane party too. Have fun and stay safe.
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law's brother.
We will be praying for you guys!
Praying for all you over there. I sure hope nothing happens to your lovely kitchen!! Stay safe and dry!! Lots of love!
Hope everyone made it through the storm OK. Ike was wicked nasty in quite a few places - even to the north!
Post a Comment