As you all know, we survived Ike and now I can report that we have survived the 22 hour journey to Copper Mountain, Colorado. 5 kids, 2 adults, not much sleep, yucky food, but we had a great time getting here! The only drawback was the excessive gas problem two of the boys had... Bean was not very happy about that as she was stuck sitting next to them!
Lem took great care of Boo and Fish for most of the journey. She is such a great helper. Actually, all of the kids were fantastic. Boo sat in his seat for almost 10 hours straight yesterday without one complaint.
The house we are staying in is incredibly beautiful. I will post pictures later, but for now, take my word for it. Breathtaking views of the Rockies out the windows, dirt trails to run on out the back door.
Now about the running. This is my 3rd trip to Colorado in 2 years. The past two times I came, there was no time to run as I was in seminars all day and had an injury that prevented my from really getting out there. I had high hopes of running lots while here this time.
I've been battling lots of hip pain for several weeks now. I finally got the spasms in my psoas muscle worked out and now realized that it isn't just muscular. I believe I may have a hip stress fracture. I am trying to be in denial about this. But typing it here will serve to remind me that I need to listen to my body and rest the hip to see if it gets better. The consequences of not doing so are great. I haven't run since Tuesday and the hip doesn't feel much better. I am taking 1500 mg of calcium to help heal the fracture if it is indeed there.
If I feel like I can run later this week, that is, if I have no hip pain, I will run. If the pain comes back, I'll know that there really is a problem and will investigate it further once I get home.
I had many goals for this running season and it looks like they may be squashed. If that is the case, I'll accept it and spend some time reading and listening to what His will is right now. I vascillate between acceptance and frustration, but I need to count my blessings. There are too many to name, too many to count.
Running is something I enjoy, but I fear I may have let it become something that I am and that is not good. Perhaps this bump in the road will serve a higher purpose.
As a side note, I have a fake Moose head hanging over my bed... yes, pictures will follow...
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Listen to your body; those races will always be there next year. I'd take a fake moose head over my bed if the house had power.... Enjoy your vacation!
Post a Comment