It looks like the role of JD will now be played by me... at least for 6 to 8 weeks. San Antonio is out. Sunmart is questionable, Rocky, probable, but not 100 miles. TIR is safe, baring any more unforseen difficulties.
I'm ok with this. I figure I need to learn to train smarter and this will certainly show me how.
In the end, this is about being healthy to be there for my family. Now I just get to spend some more time with them and try more bike riding and maybe even swimming (e-gads!)
Here's who I'll be spending more time with....
And these will be waiting for me, oh so patiently, in their box, in my closet...gently calling my name...

aren't they purty???
5 comments:
Darn it Karen. I just got reading Cassie's blog that she got power so I was all hyped up and in the "yay! yay! yay!" mood. So I was sure I was going to get to continue that here.
I don't know that I've ever had a stress fracture but that sounds very painful. I sure hope you're up and on the road again before too long.
That is a fantastic family photo!
I hope you feel better soon. I will miss you in SA and in training. Maybe you will come ride your bike along side us while we run on Saturday's. BTW You have a beautiful family.
That sucks. Hopefully there is some activity/exercise you can do in the interim so you don't lose too much.
I've had the "stressful" experience myself! However, those Cascadia's I'm sure will have their day!
I am so sorry to hear about the stress fracture but glad it brought you in when it did (before it got worse and so we could reconnect).
Now that you have ooooooodles of time (hahahahaha)......tea?
Post a Comment