Just figured out that my old pedometer had been mysteriously changed at some point in November to measure my stride at 48 inches as opposed to 38. This could be why I am not coming up with the same mileage as Dirt Runner (ya think??!!)
More infuriating is that I am running MUCH slower than I thought I was. This was a major mind game for me today. I could barely keep myself in the run thinking the whole time only about "it's not as far as I thought, I am not as fast as I thought." The great progress I believed I have been making is not so great after all.
The lungs are really talking to me right now, which could account for the slower times, but one thing is for sure. I have a new set of goals for 2007.
So the bad news isn't that bad. I mean, really. I can run. I have the freedom to run. I have challenges that I know I'll overcome. Every day that I wake up and draw another breath is another opportunity to better myself.
The good news. Since Sept. I've gone from 145 to 138. 7 pounds. Not as much as I'd like. But a good start. Goal weight is 125. Nursing the baby will always leave me with an extra 10 or so pounds. Six kids in, I've accepted this.
Waist measurement in November was 37.5". This week - 33.0" Four and 1/2 inches. Pretty darn good!
Goals for 2007
1. Get consistently under 9.30/mile
2. Run trails more often
3. RTW as often as possible
4. Increase mileage to 35 miles per week
5. Run without injury.
6. Know when to rest.
7. Run a 10K
8. Run a 25K
9. Run Sunmart 50K
Ambitious goals I'm sure, but goals they are.
Weight: 138.0
Conditions: 1:00pm, sunny, windy, cool 55
Distance: 3.05 miles
Avg HR: 168
Time: 32:52 10:46/mile
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, Great job Karen!
Keep it up you are doing great!!
running at Jones Forest is great. Very flat and fast with soft and smooth trails.
Post a Comment