Sunday, December 03, 2006

Just do it

I had had it. Today, I woke to more of the same, hip, ankle and knees aching. I am not sure if it is from running any more, so I figured I better get out and "geaux" run or else I might just go nuts.

On board, advil, allergy meds, and inhaler. Can't forget that one.

Beautiful crisp morning of about 41 degrees. For someone who doesn't enjoy the cold, I sure love to run in it.

Ran 3.13 miles. 25:45. avg. 8:13/mile. One of these days I'll figure out where exactly the miles are and find my split times.

The first mile was a bit uncomfortable, but them I felt warmed up and ready to go. The last half mile or so, my IT bands were tightening up again. Little buggers...

Keeping the advil on board for now. Not going to post a plan for the week as that seemed to sabotage me this week!

I hope to run Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and then do the Run the Woodlands on Saturday.

If these hips give me much more trouble, I'll probably need to call the doc.

I'm holding onto the notion that the first two months of running are all about aches and pains and that things will now begin to smooth out.

No comments: