Saturday, March 24, 2007

Almost

I almost had a good 1st run. I have been feeling pretty good the past few days, no pain, no limping, all seemed well.

I took Coach Rick's advice and ran on the dirt. I ran out 10 mins at about a 12:00 pace. My shins hurt a smidge, but overall, I felt pretty good. On the run back in, I took a detour off the dirt and ran through a subdivision on one of the trails. Why? I don't know. Stupid I guess.

I took a couple of walk breaks. Then I felt it again. Dang. I walked some more and I could feel it tightening more. I tried to run a bit more, but I just couldn't. The leg was hurting again, the hamstring and the groin muscle.

So, I walked the rest of the way in and thought about what other activities I'm going to have to do instead of running. None of them appeal to me right now.

I'm going to get the bike out and ride it for some time. I'll give the leg a bit more time to heal.

I stretched it out some more tonight and put the Arnica cream on it. I also took a dose of Advil, which I really didn't want to do, but I thought I should to curb the inflammation. So far, so good, it's not killing me.

I'm frustrated with this, but I know it won't last forever. But my impatient self isn't very patient...

3 comments:

Hey Zeus said...

Time to call Cliff.

Barbara said...

I don't know who Cliff is, but Rick knows his stuff. Seems like weeks that you've had to deal with the pain.

I would be happy to pass my hill run off to you tomorrow if it would only help you out...

K said...

Cliff is our doctor. He is also a runner not to mention a great guy! My leg is feeling amazingly well. I applied the Arnica cream to it and haven't had much pain every since. This is surprising since it felt horrible on Saturday.

I am still going to hold off on the running for a bit longer to be sure it is healed. I keep hearing 6 weeks, but I don't know if I can bear that thought...