I have been racking my brain trying to figure out which muscle I've pulled and how to best recover from it. I think I've isolated it now, and it is an adductor pull. aka a groin pull. I think it happened because my core is not what it should be, nor are the hip stabilizers and everything I've read says that the adductors try to do the stabilizing and in turn end up injured.
Dh has been helping me to stretch and strengthen the last few days with a deep massage thrown in to help. It feels better at the moment, but as soon as it gets tight again, the penguin walking begins and then everything is out of whack.
I don't have a run this weekend, but RTW is next weekend. I'll play it by ear. Right now I'd rather take it slow and steady and make sure this thing is truly healed before I develop a chronic problem.
So, I've made the decision to not decide to do any races until such time that I can build a good base (about 35 miles/week) and then pick some races. Unfortunately that means I won't go to Colorado in June this year. Unless a miracle happens, but at this rate, I keep ending up either sick or injured. I just want to learn to run, enjoy it, stay injury free, and then decide to run a race. I really would like to do Sunmart at the end of the year, but again, I am not committing to anything right now.
I am reading Jeff Galloway's Book on Running. It is an interesting read, lots of good basic information in it. I am not sure about this walk/run method of running, but I may give it a try just for a bit to see if it can help keep these injuries down.
In the meantime, I plan to continue with core training, stretching, and at least walking 30 mins each day until I can run. I'll see if I can manage a short jog on Friday.
Whilst on my walk today, I took Boo and the dog with me. I walked through the park and was in awe of the beautiful white blossoms on the trees. It was breath-taking! I hope to get there tomorrow and take a few pictures. I know those blooms won't last long. I wonder if tonight's rain will knock them off the trees?
Another awe-inspiring site was seen tonight as well. As I went to cross Lake Woodlands, a car actually stopped for me because I was in the cross walk. I have lived here 13 years and I have NEVER seen that. I thought I was the only one in Texas who did that!!! I figured it was a Yankee thing that I brought along with me and honestly, I have never seen anyone else do this!! I was so excited that I waved like an idiot with a huge smile on my face. I'm sure the driver thought I was nuts. What's more, because that driver stopped, other drivers were also forced to stop so that we could cross. It was truly amazing!!
Everyone stay healthy and think of me when you are running!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting OurPlace. It is always nice to find someone that you feel a connection with. I was amazed to find that you also write....another thing we have in common.
I hope you are feeling well enough to run soon.
I look forward to getting to know you. You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment