A lovely day here in The Woods. Nice and humid, so humid that it was hot, yet I was cold at the same time. I guess you could say it was a "sticky cold". A new one for me...
Nice turn out for the Run today, I think there were about 44 or so. I came in 32, right behind Ann Leonie and Denise Van Kuiken. I kept pace right behind them the whole way, and it was a pretty quick clip, at least for me. They were having a nice conversation and I thought about trying to catch up and join in, but I don't think I would have been able to speak.
Somewhere around the 2.5 mile mark, I felt the pull. Crap. My right leg has been bugging me all week, only while walking, but now I felt it while running. I ran through the ouch and it seemed to subside.
I came in at 27:00 for a avg. pace of 8:40/mile. My splits were:
mile 1 - 8:42
mile 2 - 8:47
mile 3 - 8:29
.14 mile - 1.01
I liked the consistency of the times. It felt nice to come in a few seconds better than last week. As I stood around talking with the ladies, I moved to go grab some water and realized that I couldn't walk. Standing not a problem, but that walking thing. OUCH! I tried to look "normal" and hoped no one noticed me hobbling away. I don't think I gave myself away, either that or the ladies just didn't say anything to let me keep my pride. Funny thing about that pride, it gets me into trouble all the time... So walking is not fun right now. Tried some stretches and it's not feeling any different. I'll start the Advil regimen today and pray it gets better quick. I have a run planned for tomorrow morning.
I am upset that the leg is hurting though. I really need to increase my mileage this month and this is definitely not going to help.
Oh, and the baby knows I'm hurting and he's taking full advantage of it. Every time I turn around, he's on the kitchen table. Literally. And I have to hobble over to it to pull him off before he kills himself. As I pick him up, which is very hard to do right now, he gets this diabolic smile on his face. I'm going to have to remember that look. I have a feeling it won't be the last time I see it! LOL
Barbara, I loved reading about your OCD. I can relate. Unfortunately. Happy running everyone!
Jon and Pony, I just read your comments on my other post. Jon, it was really nice to see you at the finish line last weekend. I couldn't believe you were in another state later that day!
Pony, I don't know what VitaMix is, but I'm willing to try just about anything! I don't know if I'll be running anything in Houston right now. I'm thinking of running either the Blue Bell Run or the Conroe YMCA trail run in April. Keep an eye on my blog and I'll try to post it there. I was hoping to run the 10K today, but it wasn't in the cards for me this time. Next year, God-willing, I'll be there!
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you are pulling in some great times here lately. The weather was so strange this morning.
I wore a short-sleeved shirt (there was a woman there in long pants and a jacket...what was she THINKING???) and wished I had gone with sleeveless although at that point there's not a lot of difference.
Post a Comment