Actually, 12 hours and 10 mins because I'm in the White wave which is being let loose at 7:10. Good thing! I wouldn't want to run over any of those elite slow runners....
Bag is almost packed. I still can't decide what to wear, shorts or capri tights? It's supposed to be 43 in the morning. I would usually opt for the capri tights in that temp, but I know I'll be overheating by the time I finish. I have both laid out and I'll make up my mind in the morning, I guess.
I've done a lot of thinking about whom I would dedicate this marathon to, and there are so many that I could choose. I've come down to this. I have to run this marathon for my mom. She is the reason I began to run in the first place. I think of her on every single run. As I struggle with my aches and pains, I remember her in her struggle to live one more day. She was a tough cookie and I hope to have even a 1/10th of her strength.
I feel her most when I run. I talk with her, pray with her, laugh with her. Sometimes, I smell her infamous perfume as I run. It is a strange yet comforting feeling.
I know that so many people run for so many great causes, and I hope to do the same one day. But there are soooo many, and I can't choose just one. I think of many people as I run, Kim, Kelly, The Crews family, Hans, my family. I offer up each ache and pain for their good. But it doesn't seem to be enough. How can it be?
For this day, this first marathon of my life, I must dedicate to my mom. I pray she can watch me tomorrow and feel proud.
Good luck to all the runners tomorrow, wherever you are running! Enjoy the day, enjoy the run, and enjoy the moment. Thank God we have them!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good Luck Karen!
And here is my only suggestion:
Capri tights and a pair of scissors. Then, ditch the scissors- lol!
Go girl!!!
You go girl! I'm offering up a prayer for you and your mom as you finish the race!
Your mom would be so proud! I'll be thinking of you.
GOOD LUCK AND I'M PROUD OF YOY TOO!
Post a Comment