I took the legs out for a quick spin and it was anything but quick. I didn't intend for it to be, but I can attest that my lower limbs are certainly not ready for any major running yet.
The hips and hamstrings are pretty tight, so I ran about 20 mins and came back for some extended stretching. It felt good to run a bit tonight, but I am certainly not going to push anything just yet.
I do have TIR to consider. I am not sure how to train for this exactly. I know Rick has offered to take Barbara and I out for a 2 am 40 miler.... right Rick?
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yes, I think I shall offer to drive the car and watch him run for 40 miles!
Champions Fit has 3 teams running TIR so sounds like I have some "local" training partners to keep me motivated.
If you show up at Huntsville State Park around 6:00pm (almost dark) on Feb 2nd you can watch me run the last 40 miles there. Bring a light and some warm clothes. You may want to bring racing flats because Wrong Way Andrew is pacing for the last 20 mils.
Poor Andrew... he'll never live that one down!
I will probably be out there, Rick. I just don't know if I could keep up with you. You are like the Tazmanian Devil, I am like... well, molasses!
Karen,
What Rick will need from mile 60 to 80 is to just keep a steady pace and to keep him moving.
It was really a lot of fun to run through the middle of the woods with a head lamp on.
And like Rick said, once you stop moving, it got really cold last year.
Yes, Andrew better not try running in Newtons in the woods. Little hard on the bare feet the rest of the way in!
Jon
re:"Poor Andrew... he'll never live that one down".......it was more than one time that he was directionally challenged.
40 miles should be a snap now that you've run 26.2.
Snap? That's what my kids say when they'd really like to say SH*%! LOL
Post a Comment