Here is another affirmation of why I need to do this for the kids...
Mark and I decided it was time to revisit our insurance policies and update them. We both went through the usual physical exams, blood tests, and medical history.
We discovered that my resting heart rate was about 10 points lower than a year ago, approx 44. My heart is in great shape, my weight in line, my over all health good and in my mind as a result of eating better, exercising, and taking better care of myself.
My husband has always been in good shape, but of late, the late-night ice cream treats have made their presence known. His knee is in bad shape so he doesn't feel he can run, and he only recently started getting back to the gym to exercise.
He loves red meat, bacon, etc, and only has cut down because I have.
Well, we got our new policies yesterday and I came in at the "Preferred Rate". Thank you very much... wait... My dear husband came in at "Ultra Preferred"!! WHAT?!!!
I was one point away from ultra. The point was taken because of my parents health, in particular I am sure it was my mother's. She passed away at 62 (almost 3 years ago) from heart and lung disease. She was the reason I began to re-evaluate my lifestyle because most of her health problems were the result of poor eating, smoking, and lack of physical activity.
How I can be penalized for that, I will never understand, but again, this is the reason I am "Doing it for the kids."
Ultra preferred... whatever!
*** Ya, he's loving this right now! CREEP!***
Update: Ultra-man is currently frying up his eggs!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
"Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos." - Don Kardong, 1976 U.S. Olympic Marathoner
LOL!! OK, it's a conspiracy... you must be on Ultra-man's side!!
I love ice cream too...
Hey chicky...you might've posted this already but I couldn't find it by going back in your posts.
What is your goal pace for Sunday? Are you running with any kind of a group...either the one you trained with or pace group?
I'm gathering a list of folks who'll be running in my vacinity so I can try to pick them out and "hang"...not to talk but just to be near, if you know what I mean... that brings me comfort somehow!
Good luck on Sunday! I will be out on the course downtown volunteering, but there will be so many runners at that point I probably will be lucky to spot anyone I recognize!
LOL- this is probably what would happen if Manny and I went head to head on a physical. I work out way more than he does and he eats way worse food than I do. It's not fair!
But, I've run 2 marathons and he hasn't ever ran more than 13.1 miles! So HAH!
Hehehehe.....
Post a Comment