What a glorious weekend for running in Houston! It was a bit chilly yesterday morning, but things heated up rather quickly for me at RTW.
I finished the 5K in 26:53; an 8:40 pace. Garmin wasn't cooperating again so I don't know how accurate my splits were. This was a PR for me! It was great to see several folks from Woodlands Fit (Ruth, Richard, Rich, and Coach Bill) and a few TIR Teammates Captain Jon, Dave and Holden). Rick was RD and did a great job! Always a nice crowd that shows up for a nice Saturday morning run.
Today I headed out to find the new Woodlands trails that are set to open for Muddy Trails 5K. They start between Flintridge and Falconwing and the sign is currently covered by plastic until the grand opening. I didn't go onto the trails as I am a bit nervous to go solo. I'd rather have company on the off chance that a whacko is lying in wait.
From my house, the trails are either 2.4 miles or 1.75 miles, depending upon the road you take out there. I headed out Shadowbend to Panther Creek, then onto Flintridge to reach the trails (2.4 miles) and continued past the trails to Falconwing into my subdivision (1.75 miles). It is a nice little run and if you add in 4 miles of trails (2 out and 2 back) it could make for a decent long run.
My pace today was nice and easy. I haven't even looked at the splits yet. I may post those later. Or I may just chalk it up to a nice run on a beautiful day...
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow!! That is FAST!!!! Congrats on the PR!
I can see I am definitely going to be the slowest runner on our team! Someone's gotta do it - might as well be me.
I'm waiting for my 405 to come in before I wear a watch running again.
Post a Comment