Monday, February 11, 2008

I made it through my second swimming class today. I joined the "Beginner" class. Don't let the title deceive you. It was still a tough class for me, but I managed to hang on till the end and didn't feel like I wouldn't make it through.

The Coach was able to give me a few pointers which will help me, if I can figure out how to incorporate what he said. More time in the water is what I'll need. For now, it's only going to be twice a week.

I did feel pretty relaxed after class and most of the day. A totally different feel than what I normally have after a run. I feel energized after a run, but relaxed and ready for a nap after the swims.

I'll run and hit some weights tomorrow.

2 comments:

mira said...

Good for you!!! It's a good thing to keep active and keep looking for new ways to increase health and vitality.

I'm still doing yoga and walking. Working toward getting healthy/strong enough to hopefully start biking in the spring.

Woodlands Runner said...

Interesting comment. My muscles do feel relaxed the rest of the day when I swim. Perhaps its the low impact thingy for the muscles. I know the joints are much happier after a swim.

I think Barbara is right. Push ups are answers to basic body conditioning. I'd add sit ups with it. I'm trying to get into a habit of doing both while at home anytime I have some down time.