Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Unscheduled Rest

I ran last night at a pitiful pace. I won't post it here so as not to freak out my TIR captain. It was a good indicator that I needed to take today off and rest the legs. They are complaining and I guess I should listen.

Swim scheduled for the morning with a round of push-ups and sit-ups on the ball. Holden, I meant to mention to you that I have found the ball is very effective for me in working the abs. You can get one at Wally World pretty cheap.

10 days and counting until TIR! I got the coveted dog deterrent in the mail today!!

At least I'm not in a full body cast, right Barbara?!

4 comments:

Woodlands Runner said...

Wally World? where is that?

Woodlands Runner said...

Is that like National Lampoon's Vacation? I remember that the Griswolds were looking for Wally World.

WalkSports.com said...

Keep preparing as well as you can. Have faith. Remember the prize? Bill at Rocky in February '09.

Check your e-mail. Relief is in sight. :)

Barbara said...

We don't need any more body casts! I have been trying to find medical moleskin all morning long for his cast to no avail (some is arriving by mail tomorrow at least).

Interesting piece of trivia though, moleskin is also used to help cover arches for people with plantar fascia in case you ever decide to try that out.

And post again so you can tell Holden that Wally World is Wal-Mart!