Saturday, February 02, 2008

No Where, Texas

Tuesday - I went to the track for a speed workout. We took it fairly easy since we were still recovering from the Marathon. 4 X 300 It was nice to focus on some speed, although my hip was pretty tight and I wasn't as quick as I'd like to be.

Today - Went for an 8 miler (almost 8) with a few others who will be running TIR. It was nice to run with a group again. I ran with Pete and Alan most of the time. It was a bit tough as this was the longest run I've run straight, no 9/1 method. The last .5 mile or so, Pete and Alan picked up the pace and I gladly took my time.


Total Miles 7.69 Avg Pace 9:34 Avg HR 182

Mile 1: 10:14
Mile 2: 9:50
Mile 3: 9:24
Mile 4: 9:03
Mile 5: 9:17
Mile 6: 9:36
Mile 7: 9:19
Mile .69: 9:33 pace

After the run, Fish and I headed out to Huntsville for the Rocky Raccoon. Rick is running the 100 miler and Jon the 50 miler. It was a beautiful day to be out there and really got me excited about running Hog's Hunt in April.

I am planning on running a few miles on the trails in the morning, barring any heavy rains.

On the way back from Huntsville, Fish came out with his latest Fishism. We were looking for a place to eat, his choice, McDonalds. When he couldn't see anything familiar he asked me, "Hey, mom, are we in that place called the middle of nowhere?!"

Within moments we saw the golden arches and he proclaimed, "Thank you Jesus! We are out of No Where!" I love that kid!

1 comment:

WalkSports.com said...

Great run. Even better saying from your son. Those moments are indeed priceless!

Thank you for being out there on Saturday and your kind note this morning.

It is great to have the kind of friends that I do. :)