Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Trail Run

I wasn't sure I would be able to make my run this morning. I've been trying to kick a cold the past few days. My vitamins seem to have helped to cut it short and I pushed myself out the door for a run at Jones Forest.

This was my first time on the trails there. They were pretty nice. Glad I was running with folks who knew where they were going. I would have been acting like Andrew for sure if I was on my own...

Total Mileage: 5.50 Total Time: 58:46 Avg Pace: 10:40 Avg HR: 176 Temp: 42 degrees

Mile 1: 11:15
Mile 2: 10:26
Mile 3: 10:27
Mile 4: 10:33
Mile 5: 10:48
.50: 10:25 pace

I felt a slight pull in the groin as we were coming in, so I walked the last few yards in. I can't afford another 8 week vacation from running!

I ran with Tiffany who has half-convinced me to run my 1st 100 miler in 2009. She is looking at the Javelina Jundred. I am not ready to commit just yet. Let's see how Sunmart goes for me first. Also, I don't know if I'd like to run in the heat. I think I'd rather try cold, but that might mean snow and I am NOT doing that!

Holden, I am dying to hear if you made your goal today at RTW! Sorry I skipped out on the run there, but I heard the nature trails calling my name. I need to hit many more of those before Hogs Hunt in April.

3 comments:

Woodlands Runner said...

Hey, that trail is behind my cul-de-sac. And yes, I did crank out a P.R., barely but I'll take it.

Woodlands Runner said...

I was at Luke's this afternoon and Dave and Rick both told me that you were there yesterday. LOL. I picked up 2 blinkers and a reflective vest for the TIR. I now have everything but a self running shoes.

Barbara said...

So will there be a taper this week for TIR?

Saturday was a bit chilly to start out with from the looks of that, but better too cold than too warm!