I meant to congratulate Jon on his first 50 miler! He did a great job of it yesterday and should be very proud of himself. I hope to follow in his footsteps at Sunmart later this year.
Dirt Runner looked strong yesterday, but as we all know things happen and we usually can't control when our bodies decide to work against us. He got 53+ miles in, nothing to sneeze at! He can save those legs for Western States in a few months!
I decided after inspecting my socks today, that I really need to invest in some black socks. I hate dingy white ones and unfortunately, they all get that way. Even bleach doesn't seem to get all of the dirt stains out.
I found these on running warehouse. I had to laugh! They are Anatomical 5-toe socks.... as opposed to Anatomical 4-toe socks?? Now watch, someone will send me a link to a site that carries 4-toed socks.
I love the Injinji socks. Not one blister on my toes since switching to them. They are a little tight at first, but seem to loosen up as I move in them.
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
K,
I saw your post on my blog and I am looking forward to meeting you and all of the other bloggers at TIR as well.
For a 50 mile training plan check out this sight. You put in the distance and the date you plan to run and it spits out a training schedule. Then you just tweak it. It is how I planned to train for OT50 before I bailed. It looks like a good way to start planning.
http://www.scrunners.org/ultrasch.php
Hope this helps. -Tommy
Post a Comment