Sunday, January 14, 2007

1/14/07

Ran with the kids again today.

1st mile was just with Lem and the dog. She is a natural, I think. I was holding this girl back! She flew through the mile and finished in 10:42. Like I said, I held her back.

2nd mile, Lem and Foo ran with me. Foo was having great difficulty. His respiratory status is very similar to mine, so we probably need to work him up much slower. He was barely able to run and became quite frustrated. I am going to try to encourage him to follow the Ct5K plan. He'll have daily goals and hopefully that will help him to feel more successful.

Personally, I think I am needing to increase my speed. I seem to be slowing down a bit lately. I am not sure what is more important at this point. If I am wanting to run the 50K, should I focus on speed now and distance later, or distance now and speed later? Does it matter?

I have a short term goal of hitting 25 miles a week spread over 5 days. Again, I'm not sure if that should be my goal at this point or not.

Right now, I'm happy to be running with less and less IT band pain. I pray that this continues. I also need to get to the trails. I want to try these out sooner rather than later.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

No comments: