marathon pace 10:14
mile 1 11:24 (dog stops and crossing busy intersection) approx. 10:30
mile 2 21:07 (approx 9:38)
mile 3 32:12 (crossing busy intersection) approx 10:00 min/mile
mile 4 42:59 approx 10.47
remainder of time cool down.
Thinking seriously of skipping the 10K in early March and setting my sights on the 25K Hog's Hunt in Huntsville. I haven't completely made up my mind, I suppose I have a few weeks of training to do before I make my final decision. Part of me says, Heck, run them both! hmmm... not a bad idea... we'll see.
Also, Dirt Runner helped me set up a sort of training schedule so that I have more of a purpose in my runs rather than just running aimlessly. Tonight was the first of these runs and I am not very good at taking down my times as I seem to forget everything! How do you all keep track of your splits? Does your watch do it for you or are your minds sharp enough to recall each mile?
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Karen,
Somehow or other I was able to finally post here (long boring story). Yes, my Garmin (all Garmins) will give you your mile splits. Other people who run a regular route and know where the mile markers are will click their watch to get their splits (which is how I used to do it but not consistently).
Our running club will have several people at the 25k; I'm undecided at this point but getting to meet you finally (and Rick too!) would be an added incentive.
that would be a nice incentive for me as well, Barbara! I guess it's time to invest in that Garmin...oh honey....
Post a Comment