Sunday, January 07, 2007

Run with the kids

Nothing too challenging today. The kids have decided they would like to run the Spring Fever Run on March 3rd. Foo would really like to run with me for the 5K, but he is not yet ready. I told him we will work him towards it. We have just under 2 months, and he is young. He can probably do it. Lem will have to stick to the Kid's 1 mile run though. Of course, she could surprise me and be ready for the 5 K as well. I think 8 years old is a bit young to run that distance. Do kids do that?

We headed out the door this morning for a one mile run. Time was 13:34. We made several stops so that the kids could re-tie shoes, fix their fuel belts (good learning lesson, mom said they wouldn't need it for one mile!!) and catch their breath. Unfortunately, Foo also has asthma and did not remember his inhaler before we ran. He was a bit discouraged after our run, but I know that our next run will go much smoother.

No comments: