Sunday, April 15, 2007

Finally, I think

I was able to get a run in today, and despite a small amount of pain, I was very happy with my results.

Not going for speed here, just some time on the dirt.

I hit the dirt trails in the neighborhood, got a bit turned around, aka, LOST, so I backtracked and came back home.

Weight: 127.0
Miles 4.0
Time 50.00 mins
min/mile approx 12.30
I did take 3 walk break in here, but had a total of about 40 mins of solid running.

Again, the min/mile was really getting to me. I had to keep telling myself, don't look at the time, just pick up your feet and enjoy the run! I'll continue this for a bit longer and pray that I am over this injury once and for all!

I did notice that when the pain began, if I took shorter strides especially on the affected leg, the pain stopped and I was able to continue.

I plan to stay on the dirt. I finally got my trail shoes dirty! And don't worry, Rick, I won't wash them!! LOL

2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

Glad you got to run! Please continue to be careful with that leg...don't push it too much. I know just how hard that is!

Barbara said...

Glad to hear you got a run in; I know it's been quite a time for you lately.

You can't believe the number of times I've been totally lost while running. Create-a-route is one of my favorite things to do, sometimes with unexpected consequences.