The last two days, the kids and I have been frantically looking for dew berries to pick. Our friends came up with about 7 lbs worth and we are bound and determined to surpass their record. The trouble is, I think they picked The Woodlands clean!!
At least that is what I thought until I went on my run tonight. My quick little run took a bit longer tonight. I ran 3.5 miles and it took about 90 mins!
As I ran along, I kept seeing these little beauties just calling my name! Thankfully, I brought along a few ziplock bags to collect them in. I picked another pound by myself tonight and left plenty for the kids to pick tomorrow.
The weather has been so wonderful this spring. I am trying to ease into the humidity as I know it can only get worse as the temps heat up. My leg is still not 100%, but I am running and I am happy about that. My pace is between 10 and 11 min/miles. Not at all what they should be, but I am not pushing it right now.
I plan to run the RTW this Saturday and for me, the real test will be can I run it without trying to race it? I need to stick to my plan and just run it. I can be last, it won't matter. Just getting out there is the important thing right now.
Have a great weekend, and happy berry picking, I mean running!
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We were taking it easy this morning for our long run. We stopped to pick (and eat) raspberries along the way back.
There was another 5k close to my house this morning; I liked the distance but I have this need to run them faster.
So I chose longer distance, and slower pace over the shorter but faster 5k.
Get picking! We're up to 16lbs. 1.8 oz. (to be exact).
16lbs??!!! OK. You win... but next year the title will be ours!!
Post a Comment