There's a drawback to reading running blogs when you can't run... you miss it even more. It is a form of torture and considering I am still observing Lent, this fits right in with the liturgical season.
Today being Sunday, (not considered a day of Lenten penance), I went ahead and strapped on the Asics and took a slow, easy, jog. I had to swear to myself it would be 10 mins out and 10 mins in or else I couldn't go. I knew I would over do it otherwise.
I only put the numbers here for giggles. I really don't care about them right now. It is more important to me to get back in the groove of running and release my family from my horrible mood.
Weight: 130.0
Conditions: 79 degrees, 65% humidity
Mileage: 2.0
Avg HR 173
Time: 24:58 12:47/mile
Notes: I could feel the weakness in the hip if I wavered from midline at all. I need more strengthening in the stabilizers. The run felt great overall. If it wasn't for my hip, I could have gone forever... or til the rest of me gave out.
Tons of baby squirrels crossing the paths today. They are so tiny and cute.
Big difference in the humidity. It seemed much warmer, so I tried to stay in the shade as much as possible. My white skin does not take kindly to the sun.
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL! I laughed about the "today not being a day of Lenten penance" since technically, we're 'sposed to be behaving today year round.
Hey, your weight is dropping though if I remember correctly, right?
I was busy using our wood chipper today which helped me not notice the warm weather. Nothing says "having a good time" like watching little wood chips come out of big tree branches!
Hi, I haven't read your blog in a long time. We are back in The Woodlands again, finally. I'm homeschooling Ariel for her 9th grade courses. Love the pictures on your blogs! I still have my blogspot one, but also have a My Space now - Arie got me set up. It's www.myspace.com/bunny3k and I'd love if you came to see it. You inspire me in so many ways!
Barbara Homrighaus
Post a Comment