Saturday, November 10, 2007

10 miles, almost

OK, who turned the heat back on??! Overall a very nice run today. The last 30 mins or so was a bit warm, but not anything like the runs from just a few weeks ago.

I ran with Denise today who is coming back from a fractured foot! We ran for 6 miles together and then she took the shorter way back. She was struggling today and I was a bit concerned, but when I saw her at the end, she was doing fine. Way to hang in there Denise!


Total Miles: 9.2 miles (I think I turned into the wrong entrance at Market Street)
Total Time: 1:41:41
Avg. HR: 178
Avg Pace: 11:04

Mile 1: 10:26
Mile 2: 11:05
Mile 3: 11:14
Mile 4: 11:43
Mile 5: 11:49
Mile 6: 11:31
Mile 7: 10:00 (I headed off without Denise for the last few miles)
Mile 8: 11:26 (dropped one of my bottles AGAIN and had to go back for it, it was the only one with water!)
Mile 9: 10:39
Mile .20 10:39 pace

I felt pretty tight after the run today. I made a quick stop to the chiropractor and she was able to fix me up pretty well. I am pretty sore tonight because I then went to help at the Children's Festival and stood for 3.5 hours. My legs started screaming at me!

I am looking at this hydration belt. I am going to put it on my list for Santa. (size M, Santa!) I have a hard time getting my bottles to stay put on the Amphipod belt I am using now. I lose a bottle just about every run! It is quite frustrating and it is slowing me down on the road. If I am not having to stop to pick one up, I am having to slow down to make sure it is popped in correctly or I have to use two hands to get the bottle out of the holder. It didn't always seem to be giving me this much trouble, but I suppose the longer the mileage gets for me, the more the little things can irritate me.

I was also able to start to break in my new pair of shoes. They felt great! Also, I tried out my new socks and am happy to report that my toe is much happier. Ahhhh, what a good day!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

It was hot all weekend!