Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Quick Steps

Only time for a quick trip to the track tonight because I had to pick the kids up from Church.

2.13 miles; 10:08 avg. pace; 163 Avg HR

Mile 1: 10:26
Mile 2: 9:56
.13: 9:24 pace

Coach Bill gave me the go-ahead on running the 18 miles on Saturday. I am so excited and yet nervous. My longest distance thus far is just shy of 12 miles. God-willing, I will tackle this challenge to the best of my ability.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow! 18 miles? That will put you right back on the plan. I guess you knew that already (duh).

How fun! I hope the weather on Saturday is just like today - absolutely perfect. I remember the 18 miler last year. Frigid! I wore tights, gloves, headband and it was so cold.

The 21-miler after that was so hot though so you never know.

David said...

Good luck with the 18! Hopefully no rain! If you get bored the last few miles try focusing on a "vanishing point" (street sign, etc) off in the distance and just reel yourself in. That has seemed to help on some of my longer runs. Keep it up.