We ran the first 5.5 for Ryan Shay this morning. It was a great way to really put running into it's proper perspective.
After hearing coach Bill talk about Ryan and what we were setting out to do, one lady commented that he really shouldn't send us out on such a negative thought. I was appalled, honestly. I mean seriously, how's this for a positive thought... you can run today. You can kiss your family today. But I suppose in this world of "let's all feel good ALL the time!", it is difficult to count ones blessings.
Coach Rich started us with a moment of silence and then we were off to run the 5.5 Memorial Run for Ryan.
I was so grateful to be running today. The air was a bit chilly, well at least for the first 15 mins or so. I was able to run the 11 mile route with Pete who was so kind to stick it out with me and walk every mile marker for my one minute walk. I know I was holding him back, but he was more than happy to stay with me.
I saw that Rebecca, another Yellow Fever runner, was back today and looked great! She had been recovering from the same injury that I have been. It was wonderful to see her coming back.
After the run, we were treated to a cold weather clothing clinic by Andrew Perry and a sweet gal, but her name escapes me. I was blessed with winning a nice tech shirt that I have always admired from afar.
I noticed that my arm was quite sore after the run and realized that I had chaffed it. This happened last week also on my leg, so I picked up some Body Glide. I also picked out a pair of Terrasoles. Ever since the chiro told me to quit wearing shoes without backs on them, I've been looking for a comfy, easy to slip on pair. These definitely fit the bill.
Luke's was kind enough to also let us pick up our race packets for the Thanksgiving Day Race. I retrieved mine and Lem's. She is so excited. She will be running the 1 miler on Thursday, then the Conroe Turkey Trot 1 miler on Friday. She will also either skate the 5K on Saturday or volunteer at it. She really loves the whole running thing and I am happy to have someone in the family that likes to run with me. I just need to spend more time doing it with her. These years will fly by and she will be out of the house before I know it.
Total Miles: 10.84 miles
Total Time: 1:48:02
Avg. HR: 186
Avg Pace: 9:58 (what an improvement from last week's 11:04 pace!!)
Mile 1: 9:50
Mile 2: 9:36
Mile 3: 9:41
Mile 4: 9:54
Mile 5: 10:13
Mile 6: 10:04
Mile 7: 10:16
Mile 8: 10:31
Mile 9: 10:00
Mile 10: 9:49
.84: 8:03/9:37 pace
I felt great most of the run. Obviously I was slowing down a bit in the middle, but overall, I am very happy with my run today. I know that running with Peter really helped me pick up the pace a bit. I did take walk breaks at every mile for 1 min.
I am looking forward the upcoming Montgomery County Triple. If you are up for the challenge, come join me! I double-dog dare ya!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Luke's Beat coach and super nice person Cathy Steele who is on one of the other TIR teams.....Team Athletic Girls Next Door.
You did great today !!!!
Thanks, Bill! I just couldn't remember her name!
Wow, so with 1 minute walk breaks, your pace is really 9 minute mile. That's pretty impressive.
Post a Comment