The comfort zone that is.
I attended my first BodyPump class tonight. I truly did not expect to like it, but to my surprise, I did. I had intended to really develop more of a cross-training routine and I think this might be a good fit once or twice a week.
I like the high-energy, low-weight, high-rep style workout. It fits my personality while at the same time addresses the fact that I have the weakest arms on the face of the planet.
Next on my list is to attend a swim class. I have not been a "swimmer" since everyone had to wear a bathing cap (circa late 70's - early 80's). Even then, I wasn't the strongest swimmer. Committing to a class really puts me in that uncomfortable zone. I don't know what I am doing, I don't know what questions to ask, I don't know what equipment I HAVE to have. Throwing all caution to the wind, I will start the first week in February.
Of course, I always like to throw in some spinning classes, which I would be able to do if there were 40 hours in a day. For now, I might have to settle with once in a while as I am beginning my training for Hogs Hunt next week.
If I keep this up, I might just have to try a tri one of these days...
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hog's Hunt. Now if there was ever a reason to do a race just for the t-shirt, this one is it. How many people have a 25k Hog's Hunt t-shirt?
I get questions about it every time I go somewhere because of the wacky name.
The class I generally go to on Tuesdays is like that - high reps, lower weights. I like it, but I think I like the 1:1 training with lower reps and higher weight as much.
Ah swim class. If you can just force yourself to go to one session, you'll be fine after that. All you need is a suit and good goggles. You can bring a cap or not. I rarely wear it.
Post a Comment