I went for a run today. I could tell by the look in my husband's eyes this morning that I really needed to get a major attitude adjustment. Don't you just love how our loved ones eyes are in fact mirrors for our behavior? Yah, me too.
I ran with Lem for the first 2 miles. She is fighting a cough and cold and couldn't keep up with the run, so we ran very slow and then walked a mile. I dropped her back off at home and ran a mile on my own. I was able to keep a 9:02 pace for the mile and it felt wonderful!
I have a little something in my hip, but I think it's just residual soreness from the Marathon.
This nice little reset has correct my poor outlook and I am sure my husband will be so glad.
As I told Jon and Bill, I think running has officially become my crack.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
EJ - endorphin junkie
I need to get back to my addiction. Decorating temporarily took over but I'm ready to be obsessed again!
I never could get to the point where "I LOVE running!". I still kind of hate it (although it's been on hiatus since month 4 of this pregnancy!) but guess what? I am signing up for the 1/2 marathon (Grandma's in Duluth, MN) this spring! I am hoping that the training (pretty easy schedule) will be perfect for getting me back in shape after this baby. I'll need your support (you were so great to give me advice for my first and only 5k!) and prayers (pppppleeeaaase!). I only love that running is a FAST way to lose weight and get my heart in shape...but I cry and whine through the whole run. Every time. No, not really! I have learned to appreciate the fact that I have legs that work and a healthy body. I have learned to pray while I'm running (makes it go faster!) and meet new neighbors so I guess it isn't all bad! I never did start a running blog, so I'll just use yours to vent, 'kay? Heehee!
Post a Comment