Thursday, February 21, 2008

Obsession

At what point does one cross over from being interested in something to becoming obsessive about it? Could it be when a huge box full of gear arrives to quench the new activity's hunger??

My box-o stuff arrived yesterday from Swim Outlet. I ordered a nice bag, kickboard, Zoomers, pull bouy, and paddles. They are all color coordinated as well! Unfortunately, they are currently collecting dust until next week. I am trying to kick a bad cold...

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow. I didn't know swimming was so expensive! That's good to know you thought to coordinate it all.

K said...

Yeah, I know. It's kind of like the lie they tell you when they say all you need to run is a good pair of shoes... are you kidding me??

Bill D said...

I don't think swimming will ever be an obsession...but running has been in the past....and maybe again soon. Nothing that I have is color coordinated...maybe that's just a guy thing.

Bill D said...

In case you still have e-mail troubles....

MUDDY TRAILS 5K RACE POSTPONED!

The Muddy Trails 5K race is postponed to Saturday, April 5, 9 a.m., due to the conditions of the course and its risk to all participants. The course has not been able to drain properly due to the amount (three inches) of rainfall over the last few days.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We feel the safety of the participants is our number one priority.

Please contact the Race Co-Directors for any questions regarding the postponement of this race. parkrec@catw-tx.org or 281.210.3900.

Woodlands Runner said...

I think Bill's running obsession will be thrust upon him by the conclusion of March 2nd.

Great! Come and run RTW tomorrow instead!

Tiggs said...

LOL! luckily for me, where I swim they have everything. I only had to buy a new suit, goggles, and some stroke trainers. BTW- get some stroke trainers. They really help.